It won’t take long to realize there are countless restaurants to try in Hochatown and beyond. After a long day filled with adventure, sometimes the last thing you want to do is cook. However, nothing beats a home-cooked meal. If you find yourself in the mood to create a restaurant-worthy meal, you’ll find all the equipment you need in the fully-stocked kitchen of your Beavers Bend Creative Escapes cabin. When deciding what to make, consider making some classic Oklahoma recipes.
Easy Recipes to Make on Vacation
The last thing you want on vacation is to spend hours in the kitchen. However, there are numerous recipes you can make that are quick and delicious, like the ones below.
- Southern fried okra makes the perfect appetizer. The golden brown snack is perfectly crunchy and just the thing to hold you over while your main course cooks.
- If you’re looking for a delicious side, look no further than cheesy loaded grits. This take on a Southern staple is a flavorful addition to any meal.
- Chicken-friend steak and gravy is one of the best comfort meals around. This is an excellent option for anyone visiting us in the winter, as it’ll warm you right up.
- Another staple is chicken and dumplings. From the soft dumplings to the flavorful chicken broth, this dish is scrumptious from top to bottom.
- For a sweet treat, make a batch of pecan meltaways. Thanks to their size, these are an excellent snack for your adventures.
- Start your morning with Oklahoma flapjacks. These are a little heavier than traditional pancakes and are sure to fill you up.
- Sometimes, nothing beats a burger. If you find yourself craving one, try an Oklahoma onion burger featuring American cheese and a lot of griddled onions.
Let Us Stock the Kitchen of Your Hochatown Cabin
If you plan on cooking any of the above Oklahoma recipes, decide on your menu before you arrive. Doing so allows you to have us pre-stock your cabin with all the groceries you need. This is one of the many concierge services you can enjoy by being a Beavers Bend Adventures guest.
Our goal is to make your stay at one of our Hochatown cabins as enjoyable as possible. If you wish to learn more about any of our offerings, fill out our online form, and someone will be in touch. To learn more, call 580-306-2265.