Frequently Asked Questions

If you have never been a guest of Beavers Bend Creative Escapes before, here are answers to some of our most commonly asked questions.

How far is it to Broken Bow?
197 mi. from Dallas – approximately 3 to 3 ½ hours
255 mi. from Oklahoma City – approximately 4 hours
155 mi. from Shreveport – approximately 3 hours
218 mi. from Tulsa – approximately 3 ½ hours

What time is check-in / check-out?
Check-in time is 3:00 PM. Check-out time is 11:00 AM. This allows time for us to prepare for our next guests.

Do you Allow Early Check Ins/Late Check outs?
We can not Guarantee an early check in or late check out, however if the cabin is ready early you are more then welcome to check in. (This must be approved by the office prior to check in) Late check outs can be permitted if the cabin is not occupied the day of your departure. (This Must be approved by the office prior to your departure.)

What amenities are available in the cabins?
You’ll find that our cabins are well equipped for all of your needs.  Please visit your cabin’s page for more information about individual amenities.

Do you provide firewood?
Yes we Provide a FREE starter supply of firewood for all reservations staying between mid Oct. – mid March. (Starter Supply is enough for 1-2 fires, there maybe more if the guest before you didn’t use theirs!)

What is the closest address for GPS?
Broken Bow, Oklahoma. Addresses for the individual cabins are not recognized by google maps. You will be provided with the written directions once balance is paid in full. See the Beavers Bend Creative Escapes area map on the web site for general cabin locations.

How do I locate my cabin?
We will e-mail you directions & the key code to your cabin 30 Days Prior to your Arrival.

Are your cabins handicapped accessible?
Yes- Big Timber Lodge, Excalibur, & Double Trouble Hideaway. However we do have several single stories cabins that are also very handicap Friendly.

Do you allow pets?
We do have some pet-friendly cabins. Look on the Cabin to see which units are pet friendly. We do Charge a $50.00 pet fee, per pet. Maximum of 2 small – medium dogs under 25 lbs. Larger dogs must be approved by the office and are subject to a Large Dog pet fee if approved. Breed and Weight must be provided at the time of the Large Dog inquiry.

Are any of the cabins located on the lake?
No cabins are permitted to be constructed near the water at Broken Bow Lake, as per the Corps of Engineers. Our cabins are situated in the Ouachita National Forest. Beavers Bend is just three to five miles away, and Broken Bow Lake is only four to six miles. Pine Cone cabin is located on the lower Mountain Fork River. However we do have a couple cabins with some AWESOME LAKEVIEWS! Check out Sound of Silence and Above the Clouds.

Are there stores nearby where we can buy groceries & necessities?
Pruett’s Grocery in Broken Bow, Super Wal-Mart in Idabel, or Wal-Mart in Broken Bow.

What charges will be applied to my credit card when I make my reservation?
When you place your reservation, you will be charged a 10% Security Deposit per cabin which is non-refundable. This 10% deposit deducted from the balance of your reservation.  The balance is charged to your credit card 30 days before you arrive(60 Days for Big Timber Lodge), and we will e-mail you a confirmation notice along with directions & a key code for your cabin.

May I pay in cash?
No, we require a credit card for reservations. However we do take Checks and Electronic Checks through our New Reservation System!

What if we the number of people in our group exceeds the capacity of our cabin?
Your cabin has been properly appointed with sleeping arrangements and amenities for the maximum amount of people suggested in the cabin listing.  We ask that you rent additional accommodations for additional guests. See the Beavers Bend Creative Escapes map to find cabins located nearby. OVERCROWDING IS NOT ALLOWED AND WILL BE SUBJECT FOR IMMEDIATE EVICTION.

Is there dining nearby?
We have lots of GREAT local restaurants! Check out our Area Guide page for the places to check out while in town!

Is a license required for fishing?
River Fishing – all ages must have a valid trout stamp; 14 & older must have a valid Oklahoma fishing license

Broken Bow Lake Fishing – must have a permanent or temporary fishing license

Fishing licenses and trout stamps are available at Wal-Mart, most convenient stores, or the Beavers Bend State Park office. For more fishing guide info, go to

Are boat ramps available nearby?
There are boat ramps at Beavers Bend Marina on Stevens Gap Road. Additional boat ramps are found  in Carson Creek and Stevens Gap. See the map on the Creative Escapes website.

Can we rent watercrafts?
Yes – Beavers Bend Marina has a variety of watercrafts available for rent including pontoon boats, fishing boats, and Jet Skis. Call 580-494-6455.

What about canoe rentals?
Yes – you can rent canoes for a half day or a full day for use on the lower Mountain Fork River. Canoes, kayaks, and paddle boats are available for rent inside Beavers Bend State Park. See the Area Guide page of the Creative Escapes website for phone numbers.

Are there local hiking and mountain biking trails?
There are designated biking and hiking trails located within Beavers Bend State Park. Check with the Nature Center or the State Park office for trail maps and directions. We strongly recommend that you notify the Nature Center (580-494-6556) or State Park office (580-494-6300) when you are planning to use the trails.

Are there designated ATV trails?
Yes – you must purchase a pass to access any of the Three Rivers ATV trails (Weyerhaeuser land). The annual pass fee is $25 per person. ATV access passes may be purchased at Wal-Mart, most convenience stores, or at the Beavers Bend State Park office. ATV trails maps and information are available at Frontier General Store. Before you ride the trails, make sure you are familiar with all of the rules and regulations. The nearest access to AVT trails is 4 miles north of the Beavers Bend entrance. Free passes are available through the US Forest Service for trails to the right of Hwy. 259. The majority of Weyerhaeuser land is to the left of Hwy. 259.

May we ride our ATVs from our cabins?
No – you must transport your ATVs on trailers to access the designated trails.

Do your cabins have air conditioning?
Yes – all our cabins have thermostat-controlled central heating and air conditioning.

Is there a fireplace in my cabin?
Check out the Amenities page for your cabin! Alot of our cabins have indoor and outdoor fireplaces.

What wild animals live nearby?
Our cabins are located in the Ouachita National Forest, and you may expect to see squirrels, raccoons, rabbits, etc. Please take precautions against poison ivy and 2 types of poisonous snakes – copperheads and rattlesnakes. For your comfort, we recommend using poison ivy protectant and bug repellent.

Do I need to have 4-wheel drive to access my cabin?
Most of our cabins are easily accessible. However, the location of some cabins may be reached more conveniently using 4-wheel drive.