One of the best ways to feel refreshed is by surrounding yourself in nature, and that’s exactly what you get when you book your stay with Beavers Bend Creative Escapes. Our privately owned luxury cabins nestled in the Ouachita forest are the perfect escape from the pressures of everyday life. Spend time on your getaway unplugged with just the sounds of nature as your soundtrack. Exploring hiking trails throughout Broken Bow is the perfect combination of adventure and relaxation.
A Checklist of the Top Broken Bow Trails to Explore
Many of the best trails near your Broken Bow cabin can be found inside Beavers Bend State Park. Start your excursion with a stop at the Forest Heritage Center to grab a trail guide. Whether you’re visiting with friends or family, the variety of trails inside the park means you can find one or two that fit your group’s skill level.
- The Forest Heritage Trail is a roughly one-mile loop trail that takes you down a hill to Beaver Creek. While the trail is relatively easy, there are a few hills to climb.
- If you’re looking for a longer trail, explore the David Boren Trail, which cocks in around 12 miles. This trail, which is made up of seven smaller trails, does not loop back, so simply turn around when you’re ready to be done.
- Start the Beaver Creek Trail from the entrance near the Civilian Conservation Corps monument. The almost one-mile trail is primarily flat with one creek crossing, making it an excellent option for those hiking with children.
- Dealing with the rocky incline of the approximately two-mile Lookout Mountain Trail is worth it when you see the views from the top and the forest setting around you on the way up.
- The Friends Trail is the first new addition to the park in 15 years. Starting at Spillway Creek, the intermediate 1.5-mile loop trail takes you along rugged terrain to the top of a ridge with stunning river views.
Be sure to pack water and snacks to enjoy on your hike. You’ll also want to dress in layers, so you are prepared for whatever Mother Nature decides to do.
Get ‘Lost’ in Oklahoma Nature
Whether you’re hiking a nearby trail or kayaking a local river, there are plenty of ways to get outside when you visit Broken Bow. Let the peaceful sounds of nature be your alarm clock by staying at a cabin rental from Beavers Bend Creative Escapes. Our cabins are near both Beavers Bend State Park and Broken Bow Lake, putting you near some of the best outdoor attractions in McCurtain County.
Each of our privately owned cabins, which come in a range of sizes and styles, provide you will the comforts of home. By staying with us, you’ll also have access to our concierge services, designed to make your vacation even more enjoyable. Call 580-306-2265 to learn more about our accommodations or how to save on your stay.