Back again by popular demand, five days of fun will be dedicated to the best free fair in southern Oklahoma! Running from 9/3-9/7, the McCurtain County Fair Board is hosting the McCurtain County Free Fair with their community in mind. Along with their annual Championship Rodeo in August, the Fair Board puts on these events to help bring extra support to the local economy and local businesses. Come and stay at Beaver’s Bend Creative Escapes, we’ll give you a soft bed and warm breakfast each day before the fair!
With five whole days to fill, the McCurtain County Fair Board managed to pack them with fun and family friendly entertainment. Following are some of the great events and shows that we’d like to feature!
- Miss McCurtain County Pageant @ 7pm: The young ladies participating in this year’s “Miss McCurtain County Pageant” are competing for a new prize this year- $1200 in scholarships to Southeasten Oklahoma University!
- Sheep Show @ 2pm
- Goat Show @ 5pm
- McCurtain County Carnival @ 5pm: The Carnival will have tons of rides, games, and vendors perfect for the whole family. Return Vistors: it was just announced that there will be new rides for 2019!
- Live Music @ 6pm: Hosted by the Music Hall of Idabel
- Beef Cattle Show @ 1pm
- Swine Show @ 4pm
- Live Music @ 6pm: Get ready to come sing with some soul, because Thursday night is “Gospel Night”!
- McCurtain County Carnival @ 1pm: It starts early on Friday!
- 4-H & FFA Livestock Contest @ 1pm
- Chili Cook-Off @ 11am
- Hot Dog Eating Contest @ 11:30am: Also featuring the Sawdust Scramble!
- Business Appreciation Dinner @5:30pm
- Awards Presentation & Premium Sale of Animals @ 6pm